I need an Attorney to write a letter.

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

The letter should go to 2 Dentists who are partners to encourage them to send me my entire Dental Record/File including all x-rays.

How about one of you?

The cost is?

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Best Answer

Answered . This is the New York State approved Hipaa form. Before you hire an attorney, try filling this out and sending it. You're entitled to your records.

http://www.nycourts.gov/forms/hipaa_fillable.pdf

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . I've done these before as part of my personal injury practice. Feel free to contact me. Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com

3. Craig A. Post

Answered . You don't need a lawyer necessarily. Before getting involved in that expense, contact the NYS Department of Health. The website has the means of filing a complaint against a licensed medical professional. The State will assign an investigator and they are generally very responsive. It's amazing how quickly you can get the records after the DOH gets involved. Of course all this assumes you've already made a written request to the 2 dentists and they have refused or are simply dragging their feet. The NYS Public Health Law gives a patient almost unfettered rights to his/her medical records. The DOH will help you assert those rights.