Skip to main content

I need an Attorney to write a letter.

Flushing, NY |

The letter should go to 2 Dentists who are partners to encourage them to send me my entire Dental Record/File including all x-rays.

How about one of you?

The cost is?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    This is the New York State approved Hipaa form. Before you hire an attorney, try filling this out and sending it. You're entitled to your records.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

  2. I've done these before as part of my personal injury practice. Feel free to contact me.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  3. You don't need a lawyer necessarily. Before getting involved in that expense, contact the NYS Department of Health. The website has the means of filing a complaint against a licensed medical professional. The State will assign an investigator and they are generally very responsive. It's amazing how quickly you can get the records after the DOH gets involved. Of course all this assumes you've already made a written request to the 2 dentists and they have refused or are simply dragging their feet. The NYS Public Health Law gives a patient almost unfettered rights to his/her medical records. The DOH will help you assert those rights.

    Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.