I need an attorney to help set up a non-profit organization and obtain licensing from the board of equalization to run a medical

marijuana dispensary, and whatever city permits may be necessary. I would appreciate it if someone would refer me to an attorney knowledgeable in this area.

Most attorneys will not publicly advertise this area of practice, nor will they typically refer in a public forum due to the stygma. I suggest calling around to a few local business attorneys and ask them over the phone or in person

Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale negotiations, and estate planning in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King and Pierce counties. The response does not constitute specific legal advice, which would require a full inquiry by the attorney into the complete background of the facts and circumstances surrounding this matter; rather, it is intended to be general legal information based on the limited information provided by the inquirer; it This response also does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established after a conflict of interest evaluation is completed, your case is accepted, and a fee agreement is signed. Johnson Legal Group, PLLC

Try doing an internet search using the following terms: "medical marijuana attorney los angeles". I suggest that you do your due dilligence once you find the names of several medical marijuana lawyers and that you look them up on Avvo. This is a tough area to get into and avoid legal headaches and you should consult with a lawyer to help you understand the civil and criminal risks. I suggest that you take a look at a recent article entitled "Why Is Medical Marijuana Regulation In Los Angeles So Confusing?"

*Scott G. Nathan has been licensed to practice law in California since 1983. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should it be construed as legal advice for any particular case or matter. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with Scott G. Nathan or my law firm. For specific advice about your particular situation, you should consult with an attorney immediately.

Business topics