I need an attorney to help set up a non-profit organization and obtain licensing from the board of equalization to run a medical

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

marijuana dispensary, and whatever city permits may be necessary. I would appreciate it if someone would refer me to an attorney knowledgeable in this area.

1. Scott Gregory Nathan

3

1

Answered . Try doing an internet search using the following terms: "medical marijuana attorney los angeles". I suggest that you do your due dilligence once you find the names of several medical marijuana lawyers and that you look them up on Avvo. This is a tough area to get into and avoid legal headaches and you should consult with a lawyer to help you understand the civil and criminal risks. I suggest that you take a look at a recent article entitled "Why Is Medical Marijuana Regulation In Los Angeles So Confusing?"

2. Matthew Erik Johnson

2

1

Answered . Most attorneys will not publicly advertise this area of practice, nor will they typically refer in a public forum due to the stygma. I suggest calling around to a few local business attorneys and ask them over the phone or in person