I need an attorney for my civil lawsuit case?

Aurora, IL |

I don't not have the funds right now, but I need a pro bono lawyer to take my civil case. I already filed it last year. I can't move forward with it because I'm still fighting 3 criminal cases and trying to get 1 reopened that I plead guilty on to get out of jail. I have 1 eavesdropping case, 1 criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, and obstructing id. You would have to take all 4 cases for free until I win the civil lawsuit. Please reply with a no if your not interested. I must get 3 nos' from 3 lawyers to proceed with a Public Defender in my civil case. The 3 nos' are court ordered. Thanks.

Something is strange here. You cannot get a public defender for a civil case.

Joseph Andrew Brabender IV

Joseph Andrew Brabender IV

I'm guessing the asker has probably filed a federal civil case, probably a 1983 action. The federal court does appoint private lawyers to civil cases at times (though they aren't public defenders). I believe the appointments are completely without compensation.

I think you worded this incorrectly. I think you are seeking pro bono representation on criminal cases, and if you don't get it, you want the Pub. Def. to take the criminal cases. I'd be surprised if a pub. defender would help you prosecute a civil case you filed against someone. Good luck!

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

The US Constitution has been interpreted to mean that a lawyer will be appointed in a criminal case against a defendant if he or she cannot afford one. No county in Illinois will appoint a lawyer in a civil case.

Try again.

I don't get this. But if the court wants no's from lawyers licensed in the state where the charges are which you do not set forth in your question.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

You will not get a public defender to represent you on a civil matter, they are only appointed on criminal matters for indigent defendants. In addition, most courts tyically will not appoint a public defender unless the state is seeking jail time. Perhaps if your civil case has merit an attorney woud be willing to take that (again only the CIVIL case) on a contigency basis.
Good Luck