I need an attorney for my civil lawsuit case?

Asked 8 months ago - Aurora, IL

I don't not have the funds right now, but I need a pro bono lawyer to take my civil case. I already filed it last year. I can't move forward with it because I'm still fighting 3 criminal cases and trying to get 1 reopened that I plead guilty on to get out of jail. I have 1 eavesdropping case, 1 criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, and obstructing id. You would have to take all 4 cases for free until I win the civil lawsuit. Please reply with a no if your not interested. I must get 3 nos' from 3 lawyers to proceed with a Public Defender in my civil case. The 3 nos' are court ordered. Thanks.

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . Something is strange here. You cannot get a public defender for a civil case.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . The US Constitution has been interpreted to mean that a lawyer will be appointed in a criminal case against a defendant if he or she cannot afford one. No county in Illinois will appoint a lawyer in a civil case.

Try again.

3. Kimberly Marie Digiovanni

Pro

1

Answered . You will not get a public defender to represent you on a civil matter, they are only appointed on criminal matters for indigent defendants. In addition, most courts tyically will not appoint a public defender unless the state is seeking jail time. Perhaps if your civil case has merit an attorney woud be willing to take that (again only the CIVIL case) on a contigency basis.
    Good Luck

4. Sean Patrick Lewis

1

Answered . I think you worded this incorrectly. I think you are seeking pro bono representation on criminal cases, and if you don't get it, you want the Pub. Def. to take the criminal cases. I'd be surprised if a pub. defender would help you prosecute a civil case you filed against someone. Good luck!

5. Samuel Cohen

Answered . I don't get this. But if the court wants no's from lawyers licensed in the state where the charges are which you do not set forth in your question.