I need an attorney for free, I cannot afford to hire one myself to seek a divorce

Have been married for 21 years, have 3 children (19,15 and 10) and a mortgage too. I think I have to walk away from everything because I cannot afford the mortgage myself. I want to ensure care for my minor children and want nothing more.

Milwaukee, WI -

Jane E Probst

Jane E Probst

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Milwaukee, WI

Also call Centro Legal and Nonprofit Legal Services of Southeastern Wisconsin. Excellent attorneys. Legal Aid is a great option with excellent attorneys but tends to have an exorbitant caseload and may not be able to accept your case.

Teri M. Nelson

Teri M. Nelson

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Wauwatosa, WI

Before you make this decision, you should really consult with an experienced divorce attorney to determine all of your options and see what you are entitled to. Perhaps you will be able to receive money (support or assets) from your spouse that you can use for your legal services. We offer a free initial consultation. Please contact us at 414-258-1644 if you are interested.

Ala M. Hamayel

Ala M. Hamayel

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Columbus, OH

Call the legal aid office and see if they'd help. Or, go to the law library, do your proper research, adn represent yourself. Otherwise, you will not find a private attorney to handle your divorce for free. Attorneys, surprisingly enough, need to make a living, too.