I need an attorney but I have no money. Is there anyone that can help me?

Purvis, MS |

My children's father has ran off to another state with them any i'm not sure of their exact location. I havn't heard from them in over a week now. What can I do?

Mr. Fromm advises you correctly. What you spell out may well amount to criminal conduct, in which case the police should be contacted. Beyond that, a family lawyer may be able to offer you assistance or, at the least, advice as to how to proceed. Your question was posted under "probate," which is not related to the kind of circumstances with which you are confronted.

Good luck to you.

Michael S. Haber is a New York attorney. As such, his responses to posted inquiries, such as the one above, are limited to his understanding of law in the jurisdiction in which he practices and not to any other jurisdiction. In addition, no response to any posted inquiry should be deemed to constitute legal advice, nor to constitute the existence of an attorney/client or other contractual or fiduciary relationship, inasmuch as rendering legal advice involves the ability of the attorney to ask appropriate questions of the person seeking such advice and to thus gather appropriate information. In addition, an attorney/client relationship is formed only by specific agreement. The purpose of this answer is to provide the questioner with general information, not to outline specific legal rights and remedies.

Thank you both so much.