I need an attorney opinion, because I don't know what to do. Thank you '

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My grandson is in the county jail for two counts of robbery. He was catching a ride home with someone he knew . He had no idea that the persons committed robbery. We have witnesses that will testify for him.

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

3

Answered . Your grandson is in a tough place. Do not know who he ended up with the charges, although if the car was stopped while on the way from the offenses and he was in it, that would make sense. He definitely needs a lawyer who can fight for him, and listen to the reality of the evidence and review the report and claims with him.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

Answered . He needs an experienced attorney. This is not something that will be handled quickly or easily. Because the cases are felonies, once they are filed they have to go through the Grand Jury for indictment before they can receive a setting with the court. This process takes a few months. An attorney can sometimes prevent the indictment altogether by preparing a presentation for the Grand Jury. When this is successful, it is the end of the case.

There are several experienced Houston-area attorneys on Avvo. It's a good place to start.

3. Frank Mascagni III

2

Answered . You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney that practices in state court where the charges are pending. Robbery is a serious felony charge. He needs counsel to represent him, review the facts and witnesses, explore all defenses, etc. He has a defense that the attorney will use in the defense.