Skip to main content

I need an attorney opinion, because I don't know what to do. Thank you '

Houston, TX |

My grandson is in the county jail for two counts of robbery. He was catching a ride home with someone he knew . He had no idea that the persons committed robbery. We have witnesses that will testify for him.

Attorney Answers 3


You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney that practices in state court where the charges are pending. Robbery is a serious felony charge. He needs counsel to represent him, review the facts and witnesses, explore all defenses, etc. He has a defense that the attorney will use in the defense.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


He needs an experienced attorney. This is not something that will be handled quickly or easily. Because the cases are felonies, once they are filed they have to go through the Grand Jury for indictment before they can receive a setting with the court. This process takes a few months. An attorney can sometimes prevent the indictment altogether by preparing a presentation for the Grand Jury. When this is successful, it is the end of the case.

There are several experienced Houston-area attorneys on Avvo. It's a good place to start.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Your grandson is in a tough place. Do not know who he ended up with the charges, although if the car was stopped while on the way from the offenses and he was in it, that would make sense. He definitely needs a lawyer who can fight for him, and listen to the reality of the evidence and review the report and claims with him.

Cynthia Henley

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics