I need an appointed lawyer for a civil case how do i ask the court

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brunswick, GA

the city commission took my liquor license with no evidence

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Glen Edward Ashman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no such thing as appointed counsel in civil cases. Since everyone who has a business should have a relationship with a lawyer and a CPA (no business can succeed long without both), you should already have a relationship with a good lawyer and already should have hired him as soon as this came up. Since it's a civil case, you get to pay him.

    You misposted this as an Ethics question so I have changed the practice area.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more
  2. Scott Benjamin Riddle

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That is not a criminal case. You need to hire your own lawyer.

Related Topics


Business law covers topics such as business structures, common documents, business taxes and finances, insurance, real estate, and government regulations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,842 answers this week

3,443 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,842 answers this week

3,443 attorneys answering