I need advice on Debt relief and Senior living intitlements. My husband and I are on SS and I work full time.

Glendale, AZ |

My husband has not worked for the past 10 years and we have exhausted our savings. I need advice to help pay off Debt. from creditors.

1. There are 3 basic ways to handle debt issues besides just making monthly payments at a high rate of interest - 1) stop paying, save up your money, and make a lump sum settlement offer. 2) file Chapter 13 & make monthly payments to a Bankruptcy Trustee for 3 - 5 years. 3) file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, if you qualify.

If you are interested in any of these options, see a local bankruptcy attorney for more specific advice.

Hope this perspective helps!

2. File bankruptcy. There are no rights to debt relief entitlements.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.

3. You should speak to a local bankruptcy attorney. Most firms offer free consultations.

Legal disclaimer: This communication is for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics