I need advice on Debt relief and Senior living intitlements. My husband and I are on SS and I work full time.

Asked over 3 years ago - Glendale, AZ

My husband has not worked for the past 10 years and we have exhausted our savings. I need advice to help pay off Debt. from creditors.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jason Scott Treguboff

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You should speak to a local bankruptcy attorney. Most firms offer free consultations.

    Legal disclaimer: This communication is for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an... more
  2. Dorothy G Bunce


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . There are 3 basic ways to handle debt issues besides just making monthly payments at a high rate of interest - 1) stop paying, save up your money, and make a lump sum settlement offer. 2) file Chapter 13 & make monthly payments to a Bankruptcy Trustee for 3 - 5 years. 3) file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, if you qualify.

    If you are interested in any of these options, see a local bankruptcy attorney for more specific advice.

    Hope this perspective helps!

  3. Theodore Lyons Araujo


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . File bankruptcy. There are no rights to debt relief entitlements.

    Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,388 answers this week

2,999 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,388 answers this week

2,999 attorneys answering