Skip to main content

I need advice based on my out of status in the US?

San Francisco, CA |

I was brought to the US as a minor in 2009 at the age of 14.So i am not eligible for DACA AS I CAME AFTER 2007.I went to high school and graduated here.Right now i am not eligible for any relief as i am told by a lawyer ,except to get married to who i love and is a US citizen.I am 20 now and not in love with anybody.I plan on leaving the US and apply for a student visa for another country to study and work later on because i do not want to stay and pass time withought a degree and decent job.I know i will be barred but i will apply for a waiver afterwards so i can be able to get a visa later on and be able to visit my extended family sometimes that lives here
Right now i am getting options as to stay and look for other options which might happen if i leave like the Immigration reform ?

Attorney Answers 2


It appears that the lawyer you talked to described all the possible options. Based on your facts, I don't see any other options.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful


Based on the facts you have shared, it appears that you have been given the right guidance. Make sure you marry someone you love, not merely because they are a United States Citizen.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics