I need advice...a free consultation...PLEASE!!!

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

Custody of my child was taken by a judge who didn't even review my documents proving that I have been the sole provider and only participating parent because I used the term "my son". His father had not been an active part of his life. There was never an "ours". He is being taken care of by his grandparents now, not his father. Now that family is making false accusations to the welfare dept for a period of time (5 yrs ago) that I was falsifying information to collect aid. I believe these are tactics to further impugn me in front of the custody court. I told the truth in court, I had documentation, the judge did not care. I was underage, my son is the product of statutory rape. I have never wanted to hurt this man, but his abuse current actions have me scared. What do I do? Help!

1. Erik Wayland Newton

Pro

1

Answered . I'm sorry to hear your situation is so difficult. I do not practice in Sacramento, so cannot help myself. I suggest you contact Legal Aid and VLSP for some pro bono help. Both of these organizations work with clients who cannot afford private attorneys Here's are two links for you:

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Consult with Legal Aid if there is an office in your area. Or a legal clinic at the local lawq school.