I Need a Worker's Comp attorney in Texas

Asked 3 months ago - Austin, TX

Stair broke under me in June 2011. Each knee operated on once. Have personal injury attorney. Lawsuit filed. Worker's comp insurance carrier stopped ALL treatment before completion, and in violation of Texas ODG Guidelines. Advised to seek additional cousel

1. Draper Tobias Rodriguez

6

Answered . I would use the find lawyer tool on this website. Off hand the closest I can think of would be San Antonio. You could try Royce Bicklein or Alan Tyssinger. Both are well versed in workers' compensation law in Texas and are well respected in their field.

2. Daniel L. Morris

4

Answered . When did you first start missing time from work. Under the Texas Labor Code you are at maximum medical improvement by statute 104 weeks from your accrual date of disability. If you missed 8 days right after your injury, you would have been at maximum medical improvement in June or July of 2013.

If you were found to be at maximum medical improvement, you should have received an impairment rating. If so, what percentage was it?: What conditions were rating to provide that impairment rating?

I don't know why the carrier denied treatment that fit under the ODG, but you very well may have an extent of injury dispute. Attorney Rodriguez is right in that you need to talk to a workers compensation attorney right away to see what rights you still have.

3. Zaheer A Shah

Pro

4

1

Answered . Use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" feature to procure a competent workers comp attorney. Insurance companies stonewall and lowball victims like you everyday. Level the playing field; hire an attorney.

4. Stephen Ross Cohen

4

Answered . I agree with both attorneys, but I have a question who is responsible for the stairs, you may be able to sue the owner of the building. Your time to sue may have run out or be running out.

5. George Pablo Escobedo

Pro

1

Answered . Carrier stopping medical benefits based on the ODG guidelines is all too common. If that's the case, your options are limited. This is where having a good, proactive treating doctor is helpful. He/she should look into filing for a Medical Dispute Resolution. Also, I would like to know if the Carrier is accepting all the affected body parts as this too may be a reason why the Carrier is stopping benefits.

Call me if you want to discuss further.