Skip to main content

I need a work permit to go to work because i received a dui in virginia and i cannot renew my florida license fl has it on hold

Boca Raton, FL |

I was visiting Virginia and received a DUI. Since I have been back in Florida I attempted to renew my Florida license but there is a national hold on it until I settle the fines. My problem is that my car is my bread and butter, I have to drive to make a living. I have been unemployed since I have been back and am not able to meet Virginia's requirement. I need some kind of permit to be able to drive to work so I can make money to settle my obligation. There has got to be some kind of permit that will allow me to drive, otherwise I will never get the DUI settled.

Attorney Answers 2


Unfortunately, in Florida, you'll need to settle your financial obligations with DMV before they will consider issuing a permit. There is no hardship exception. I would recommend that you try and borrow the money so that you're able to settle the fines in order to get your permit.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


As stated above, you will not be able to get a permit until your pay off those fines.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics