I need a wage lost form completed by human resource and they are refusing to do so.

Asked about 1 year ago - Alexandria, VA

There is only one individual in the human resource department who can fill out this form. She states she can not confirm the dates I was out. I have sent her three emails as to why. Based upon payroll files and my supervisor she should be able to confirm the dates. She seems unwilling to do the research. What are my legal rights.

1. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

6

Answered . This is posted under personal injury so I assuming that you have a personal injury matter which includes a wage loss claim. If so and you are represented, let your attorney handle this for you. If you are not represented, you should consult with a personal injury attorney in the Alexandria area. Many are listed on this web site under Find a Lawyer, and most initial consultations are free. The insurance company is never going to give you a fair settlement if you are not represented, and your attorney can obtain your wage loss information. That being said, other options are to elevate the issue or present pay stubs and doctor's excuses.

2. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

5

Answered . Is there a supervisor you can complain to?

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Andrew Daniel Myers

3

Answered . Have an attorney in your jurisdiction handle this for you. In the two jurisdictions in which I practice, statutes obligate the employer to disclose personnel records within a short time frame after a valid written request. Right or wrong, many companies and firms still do not take email as a valid legal communication. Coming from an attorney on legal letterhead citing any applicable law, you're more likely to get the response you need. 10 more reasons to retain an attorney: BLUE LINK BELOW

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with an employment lawyer

Pro

2

Answered . This was posted under personal injury, but you would want to call a local employment lawyer.