I need a transcript of my family court hearing. Do I call the clerks office or the court reporter?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Myers, FL

I need a copy of the transcript, I'm unsure on where/how I'm supposed to get it.

1. Peter Scott Van Keuren

12

Answered . If the hearing was recorded by a court reporter, you can simply call the court reporter and make arrangements to purchase a transcript.

2. Richard James Mockler III

8

Answered . Assuming that one was present for your hearing, you need to contact the court reporter. The Court will not be able to assist you.

Richard J. Mockler
  4. Tampa Divorce Attorney
  5. Florida Super Lawyers Profile - Tampa Divorce Attorney
  6. Become a Fan on Facebook
  7. Follow me on Twitter
  8. Family Law Rights Blog
  9. Tampa Military Divorce Blog
  10. Tampa Divorce Lawyer Blog
  11. ***If this answer was helpful, please mark it as such and remember to select a “best answer.” ***This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. I encourage everyone to consult an independent attorney regarding any legal matters. less
  12. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

8

Answered . Court reporter. You will be charged a fee for the transcript.

13. Susan Macon Seigle

8

Answered . You will have to call the court reporter to get a copy of the transcript, and you'll have to pay a fee. However, if by chance the transcript was filed in the court file, you can get a copy of it from the clerk. You'd still have to pay a fee, but it would be the clerk's charge per page for copying a document in the court file.

14. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

6

Answered . The transcript is purchased and obtained by directly dealing with the court reporter.

15. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

3

Answered . There should be a court reporter's office within the courthouse from which you can obtain a copy of the proceedings. In some states, courts have gone to digital recordings which will require you to obtain a CD of the hearing and then have it transcribed by a licensed court reporter.