Skip to main content

I need a transcript of my family court hearing. Do I call the clerks office or the court reporter?

Fort Myers, FL |

I need a copy of the transcript, I'm unsure on where/how I'm supposed to get it.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Assuming that one was present for your hearing, you need to contact the court reporter. The Court will not be able to assist you.

    Richard J. Mockler <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Tampa Divorce Attorney</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Florida Super Lawyers Profile - Tampa Divorce Attorney</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Become a Fan on Facebook</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Follow me on Twitter</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Family Law Rights Blog</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Tampa Military Divorce Blog</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Tampa Divorce Lawyer Blog</a></li> </ul> ***If this answer was helpful, please mark it as such and remember to select a “best answer.” ***This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. I encourage everyone to consult an independent attorney regarding any legal matters.

  2. If the hearing was recorded by a court reporter, you can simply call the court reporter and make arrangements to purchase a transcript.

  3. There should be a court reporter's office within the courthouse from which you can obtain a copy of the proceedings. In some states, courts have gone to digital recordings which will require you to obtain a CD of the hearing and then have it transcribed by a licensed court reporter.

    DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

  4. Court reporter. You will be charged a fee for the transcript.

    This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website

  5. The transcript is purchased and obtained by directly dealing with the court reporter.

  6. You will have to call the court reporter to get a copy of the transcript, and you'll have to pay a fee. However, if by chance the transcript was filed in the court file, you can get a copy of it from the clerk. You'd still have to pay a fee, but it would be the clerk's charge per page for copying a document in the court file.