I need a services provider to honor the original loan modification agreement.

Asked over 1 year ago - Joliet, IL

I was told one arrangement and later they changed it and said the person made a mistake on the first arrangement.
How can I make them honor the arrangement I agreed to.

1. Tara Leigh Goodwin

Answered . We need more information in order to answer your question. Who are you trying to get to honor the loan modification, your current mortgage servicer, or some other entity? Did you ever receive a signed copy of the first modification back from the lender (one executed by the lender)? Did they accept payments on the first modification, and for how long? You might want to have an attorney who specializes in consumer law look over your documents and advise you. Most will provide a free consultation. My firm has sued several mortgage companies about issues relating to loan modifications, but whether you have a claim depends on the specific facts and documents involved in your situation.