Skip to main content

I need a services provider to honor the original loan modification agreement.

Joliet, IL |

I was told one arrangement and later they changed it and said the person made a mistake on the first arrangement.
How can I make them honor the arrangement I agreed to.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


We need more information in order to answer your question. Who are you trying to get to honor the loan modification, your current mortgage servicer, or some other entity? Did you ever receive a signed copy of the first modification back from the lender (one executed by the lender)? Did they accept payments on the first modification, and for how long? You might want to have an attorney who specializes in consumer law look over your documents and advise you. Most will provide a free consultation. My firm has sued several mortgage companies about issues relating to loan modifications, but whether you have a claim depends on the specific facts and documents involved in your situation.

The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an ongoing duty to respond to questions. It is intended to be solely the educated opinion of the author and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Some responses may be advertising material. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the inquiring person and additional or differing facts might change the response. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the state of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the inquiring party should consult a local attorney for specific answers and advice. Answering this question does not create a duty to keep information confidential, nor does it prevent me from representing an adverse party. Advertising Materials.



I am trying to get my current mortgage servicer to honor the modification the underwriter told me when they call me to see if I agreed to the terms they told me over the phone. No I did not receive any documents from the lender. They changed the modification and I am making trial payments. If you what to do a free consultation with me I would like to talk with you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer