Skip to main content

I need a serious attorney for child support modification, and new visitation order.

Mount Clemens, MI |

My ex lives in Michigan (where our child support case is), i live in KY with my military husband. He works 2 jobs and I'm almost 100% sure they are collecting support from his part time job, not his full time job. The received support doesn't help in the least bit, not now anyways with her in per-k and paying for child care ($300/week) so I can work, and her school lunches, clothes and supplies. We also need a modification of visitation, since she started school, our order is no longer valid.

I would like for him to help with Child care costs, and education costs.
I would also like an investigation of his income.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Where is the case located?

  2. You are correct an attorney would be quite helpful for your situation. Be sure to have the latest support and parenting time order available to scan or fax. Also, you're ex-husband's information including the name and addresses of each employer.

    Contact me at 248-702-5303 for a free consultation. My answer to this question is for general informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should seek the assistance of an attorney to determine the best approach and potential consequences for your situation.

  3. You need a Michigan attorney located near the court where the case is located. It certainly appears that your facts should allow you some relief. Interview via phone highly rated attorneys in the vicinity in order to keep the travel costs within reason and select the one you like the most..
    For the same reason, provide all of the information you have, and the present order

    To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics