I need a probate litigation attorney for as little as possible in San Bernadino. I was served a lawsuit and the hearing-may 30th

Asked about 1 year ago - San Bernardino, CA

My father passed Jan . I have an orginal notorized trust and I found out that there was a second trust that was newer but it was not an original but a copy and never authenticated that my pop made 7 months before his death. I was able to cremate my pop and i filed an affidavit of death and the title co put my name on his deed of trust for his property as successor trustee. I rented out the property so it would not get forclosed on and the other person named as trustee of the other trust, Took all his money, sold all his things and his car and left the state and did not pay 1 bill. He now is suing me for his property that has about 25,000 equity plus twice the amount and also the rent money made. I have very little money to defend my self and respond to the lawsuit by may 30th. Help!!

1. Lisa Marie Blasser

4

Answered . You definitely want to hire an attorney experienced probate and/or estate planning. You can visit the State bar website at www.calbar.org to find a list of attorneys specializing in probate/estate planning. Best of luck to you.

2. Malosack Berjis

1

Answered . First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. Secondly, unfortunately, this forum is not for attorney solicitation. However, you can use Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" tool above to try to locate an attorney.

3. Charles Adam Shultz

Answered . I am really sorry for your predicament. You are being sued under probate code section 850 and 859. You are correct that you need counsel. While funds may be tight, if you lose, you'll really be in trouble. Also, dont settle on an attorney just because they are inexpensive and fit in your budget. Check with the state bar for a referral or contact your local county bar association. Also, you may be able to find several lawyers on the find avvo site.

I wish you the best, and dont delay. You do need good, competent legal counsel.

4. Tazewell Taylor Shepard IV

Answered . Good afternoon. You should look into legal aid in your area to see if you qualify for free legal assistance. Good luck!