Skip to main content

I need a probate atty in florida either pro bono or on sliding scale at best...i have very limited time to begin this process

Crystal River, FL |

My father died recently and suddenly. He owned his own business and my stepmother has been left as administrator.since his death we have been locked out of all communications and we believe the will is not legit, she is an alcoholic with histories of institutionalization as well as multiple duis, public intoxication, violet agrressive behavior and various police activities and law interference due to intoxication in the extream. She refuses to contact us and my siblings and i strongly feel she has liquidated all thingsof value for herself and her children. She has not filed the will or filed the death certificate with the state after 3months. My father also confided in me that he had several banking and monetary accounts that did ot have her name on them and he didnt want her access.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You cannot get a pro bono probate attorney in these circumstances. You need to at least consult with a probate attorney in your area, to find out if you can even do anything at all.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

  2. I can't imagine you will get a pro bono attorney for this. You may get one who will take it on a contingency fee, if it looked like you were going to get any assets. You state you don't believe the will is legit, but then you tell us she has not filed a will. If there is no will you could attempt to begin the probate of this estate as one without a will. I suggest you consult with an attorney in your area.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button

  3. I agree with the other attorneys. This is not the type of case that is handled pro bono. You need to consult with an attorney who practices in the field of probate. For your information, pursuant to F.S. Section 732.901 Production of Wills, the custodian of a will must deposit the will with the clerk of court having venue of the estate of the decedent within 10 days after receiving information that the testator is dead.

Pro bono representation topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics