Skip to main content

I need a Pro Bono lawyer. I have a discrimination case pending in Federal Court and currently doing discovery. I'm a pro-se P.

Huntington, NY |

Company say I was excessed as a teacher but kept non-tenured teachers on staff and hired new staff in areas I taught. Admin had verbal issues about people from my country and also excessed another tenured person originally from my country.
Company retained two firms recently on a pro-bono basis and now I would like some additional direction at least if no lawyer or firm would be willing to do full pro-bono. Company also made the newspaper for racial discrimination since I was excessed and administration being overhauled due to misuse of funds etc. Any lawyer or firm willing to assist. I did file EEOC but just got bounced around to investigators.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Contact bar association or law schools for pro bono attorney.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  2. Call the Legal Aid Society or your local Bar Association for pro bono referrals.

  3. The Court may have a list of attorneys who take cases pro bono.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  4. I'm not admitted to district courts in New York, but I'm admitted to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Try to find someone to help you in the district court, and if you need help with an appeal let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics