Skip to main content

I need a pro Bono criminal defense lawyer. I'm pregnant n just found out I have warrants.

Encinitas, CA |

I have changed my life since being pregnant. All of my cases I'm on probation for were a direct result of supporting my habit. I am clean now with my first baby on the way. I need to find out my options and have someone fight for me so maybe I could just do weekends. I have alot of doctors appt.s n i don't want my pre natal Care to b compromised because of being encase rated. Nor do I want to have my baby in jail. Help!

Attorney Answers 11

  1. Contact the Public Defenders Office to notify them of your existing warrant.

  2. If you cannot afford a private attorney, the court will appoint the public defender's office to represent you.

    Have you ever appeared on the cases for which you have warrants? If so, who was your attorney? You should contact that attorney first.

    The fact that I have answered this question does not establish an attorney client relationship between the questioner and myself or my office.

  3. The Public Defender's office will help you get the cases on calendar and talk to the judge. If the PD was your original lawyer on these cases, they will have case files for you already.

  4. Contact the Public Defenders Office to notify them of your existing warrant.

    This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply

  5. You are better off contacting the Public Defender's Office. They might be able to assist in getting your case calendared to attempt to have the warrants recalled and ideally get you reinstated on probation.

  6. The public defender provides indigent persons such as yourself with free representation. Good luck

  7. This is what the Public Defenders will handle for you. Contact them asap.


  8. You should contact the public defenders office in the county where are your warrants were issued. The best thing you can do is to go to their office and ask to speak with a supervisor. You may have difficulty having them represent you by simply calling.

    Typically, the court will appoint the public defender to represent you. However, the public defenders office does have the power to self appoint. That is something you should take up with a supervisor at the public defenders office, to see whether they will do that for you. Good luck!

  9. You need to address the warrants through an attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, the court will appoint the Public Defender's Office to represent you. Good luck!

  10. Recalling warrants for failing to meet probation requirements are handled by Public Defenders every day. Contact them for pro bono assistance.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics