I need a pro bono criminal defense/appeals attorney in West Palm Beach, Fl..

Asked over 5 years ago - West Palm Beach, FL

My son is in dying needs of help he is facing 40 years in prison without any chance of parole. This is why I need a pro bono criminal defense/appeals attorney This is my son only hope becasue his first appeal to the court was denied. As a single mother I know what they did to him isn't right. I have a the necessary paperworks, if anyone fell compassionate to help us. I pray for your compassion. If countact is make I will discuss charges made against him at that time and also the evident or the lack of.

1. Michael Hassen

2

2

Answered . You really haven't provided sufficient information to understand the issue. Was your son convicted recently? How long ago was his first appeal denied? There are very short timeframes within which appeals may be taken, and it is possible that your son can no longer pursue an appeal. In that event, you would need to have an attorney explore whether any grounds exist for pursuing a habeas petition, or whether it may be possible to persuade the governor to commute his sentence. I recommend that you contact your local state or county bar association for a referral to an attorney who may be able to assist you. Also, you should ask whether there are any criminal defense projects available that provide pro bono or low cost services to individuals in your area.

2. Stephen P. Johnson

1

3

Answered . There are many compassionate attorneys out there in Florida that can help you understand the legal parameters that need to be dealt with. Florida State Bar Association can be contacted. Perhaps the local law school has a defense project that can help. Time is always at a premium in these matters. An appeal can hopefully be handled by the public defenders appeal office if your state has one. Good hunting.

3. Dwayne Charles Singleton

2

1

Answered . You may want to contact the Florida State bar for a referal.
    Good luck.No.

You need to talk to an attorney!
    Dwayne Singleton
    Singleton & Singleton LLC
    Dwayne@singletonandsingleton.com
    www.griffindui.com
    www.singletonandsingleton.com
    NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.