I need a NJ lawyer for Hurricane Sandy repairs but not sure what type and/or who to sue?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bayville, NJ

I have been denied my claim for structural damages to my foundation (and misc. sheetrock, floors, etc. from the house sinking 2 inches) by both FEMA and my flood insurance company. Insurance said the damage was done by soil movement after the flood waters receded. FEMA denied us again for having our own insurance (even though I showed them the denial for structural damage part of the claim). Our structural engineer suggested we sue our township because it was storm water that caused the flooding. What type of lawyer can sort all of this out and decide who is responsible? We have $241,000 dwelling ins from the flood ins company, yet can't get anybody to cover the structural damage done indirectly by the flooding.

1. Michael A Ferrara Jr

Pro

2

1

Answered . Sorry to learn. We are trying to get a bad faith law to hold bad insurance companies responsible for acting in bad faith. Your story is important. Contact attorney Chris Placitella in red bank (cplacitella@cprlaw.com) who is the guru. Good luck.

2. James M. Osak

2

1

Answered . Typical Insurance Company BS.
    Any decent Plaintiff attorney
    should be able to handle this.
    Problem is is that your case
    is not a "slam-dunk" and is
    going to be a real "paperwork"
    nightmare. Good luck!