I need a marriage license in Lucas county, OH but, my fiancée is currently incarcerated

Asked over 1 year ago - Toledo, OH

We're not being able to get the license ourselves because he cannot be present to sign for the license. They told me I need to get a lawyer who can get the signature at the prison and then bring it back to the courthouse so we get the marriage license. My question. Is there anyone who can help me out getting the license? Or is his mom allowed to sign for him because she has power of attorney? Any answer is greatly appriciated.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

9

Answered . Sorry you are going through this, many times they have notaries in the prison that can attest to a signature. take care.

2. Laureen Renae Anderson

Pro

2

Answered . I would recommend inquiring with the jail, they often have procedures in place for individuals who are incarcerated and wish to marry. They will likely be able to tell you how to proceed.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . Check with the business office at the prison to see if they have a notary. You can also check with the local legal aid office to see if they can help.