I need a legal advice..I got a notice. that, we need to move out in 7 days...what can we do????/

Canoga Park, CA |

Ok. let me start by saying , we ( me and my boyfriend) had being a partment manager for this company since august 2012.. monday my superviser came by to my houseand give us a 7 da notice thatwe need to move out and out servces are not longer need it... we dont have no where to go we ask for a little more of time by she denied it, she said , if we dont leave in 7 days . they will invict us....Im 4 months pregnant., we have a 5 yrs old . that now we have to take out of school., my boyfien has been loking for a part time job . because they will demant for us to have cell phone. internent , and home phone as well..we have a water leak in our bedroom that they haven fix for about 2 tis point we are very confused and we nned to know waht are our options..any help or advice ???

Unfortunately, if you are living in the apartment because you are the apartment manager (and not a regular tenant), then you do not have the same rights as a tenant. The supervisor does not need to go through an unlawful detainer lawsuit. In other words, unless you have a written employment contract which provides otherwise, you will need to move out and you will need to look for new employment.

However, if you don't move out within the seven days, the landlord would still have to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit. That process typically takes at least 30 days, if it's of any benefit to you.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

Thank you..i beleive 30 days will be enough fir us to move out.

its very very hard to rent another place with an eviction on your record though, not many people will want to rent to you, so you need to think of that too...

Recommended articles about Real estate