I need a legal advice..I got a notice. that, we need to move out in 7 days...what can we do????/

Asked over 1 year ago - Canoga Park, CA

Ok. let me start by saying , we ( me and my boyfriend) had being a partment manager for this company since august 2012.. monday my superviser came by to my houseand give us a 7 da notice thatwe need to move out and out servces are not longer need it... we dont have no where to go we ask for a little more of time by she denied it, she said , if we dont leave in 7 days . they will invict us....Im 4 months pregnant., we have a 5 yrs old . that now we have to take out of school., my boyfien has been loking for a part time job . because they will demant for us to have cell phone. internent , and home phone as well..we have a water leak in our bedroom that they haven fix for about 2 week..at tis point we are very confused and we nned to know waht are our options..any help or advice ???

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Unfortunately, if you are living in the apartment because you are the apartment manager (and not a regular tenant), then you do not have the same rights as a tenant. The supervisor does not need to go through an unlawful detainer lawsuit. In other words, unless you have a written employment contract which provides otherwise, you will need to move out and you will need to look for new employment.

    However, if you don't move out within the seven days, the landlord would still have to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit. That process typically takes at least 30 days, if it's of any benefit to you.

    Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,728 answers this week

2,833 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,728 answers this week

2,833 attorneys answering