I need a lawyer to represent me in NC civil lawsuit?

Asked 10 months ago - Moses Lake, WA

I live in Washington state. The North Carolina, buncombe county DSS is illegally taking money out of my federal disability income. I cant afford to travel to NC and wish to hire a lawyer to sue them, but cant afford that either.

NC gen statute states that be it state or FEDERAL, debt can not be collected after 3 years from default date. Its 10 years old.

Thier claiming that I was qualified for food stamps in 2002-2003, and now, 10 years later, are claiming I was not qualified andare taking money out of my check against the statute of limitations.

I understand they are a federel program, but the statute of limitation does include federal under section 1-52 subsection 2.

My question is who can I hire on contingency to sue Buncombe county DSS, or could I hire a lawyer in washington state

1. Robert Daniel Kelly

Pro

Answered . Perhaps the Buncombe County Bar Association could help with a referral.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Try contacting the NC state bar and request referral to and administrative attorney.