I need a lawyer to represent me in a case against a Tax Center.

Brooklyn, NY |

I filed my taxes at the end of January. I have not received my refund and the fee for there services were over $700 dollars. I feel like they took advantage of me because I am a low income single mother family.

Review your contract with the tax center to see if there are any refund provisions. It is inexpensive to file a small claims case, but you do not state a reason why the company did something wrong. If the taxes were filed, then what is the hold up on the refund the IRS or the tax center?

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. What would be the basis for your lawsuit? That they charged you money for their services? That you deserve a break or free service because you are low income and a single parent? None of those reasons justify a lawsuit which, by the way, would probably cost you more than you paid the tax service.

3. Not sure what the basis of a claim would be. It sounds like your gripe is with the IRS. If anything, you may have a small claims action but not enough facts here to say one way or another.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

4. The Irs has a website with a method for you to log on once a day to check the status of your federal refund.