I need a lawyer to represent me in a case against a Tax Center.

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I filed my taxes at the end of January. I have not received my refund and the fee for there services were over $700 dollars. I feel like they took advantage of me because I am a low income single mother family.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 9

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Review your contract with the tax center to see if there are any refund provisions. It is inexpensive to file a small claims case, but you do not state a reason why the company did something wrong. If the taxes were filed, then what is the hold up on the refund the IRS or the tax center?

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more
  2. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What would be the basis for your lawsuit? That they charged you money for their services? That you deserve a break or free service because you are low income and a single parent? None of those reasons justify a lawsuit which, by the way, would probably cost you more than you paid the tax service.

  3. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not sure what the basis of a claim would be. It sounds like your gripe is with the IRS. If anything, you may have a small claims action but not enough facts here to say one way or another.

    Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it... more
  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The Irs has a website with a method for you to log on once a day to check the status of your federal refund.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,649 answers this week

3,934 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,649 answers this week

3,934 attorneys answering