I need a lawyer to help me get my dog back

Asked about 1 year ago - Garland, TX

My dog was with a relative for a couple of weeks while I was out of town in June of 2012.  When I returned, I learned that my relative called the shelter acting like it was his dog and they picked her up. The garland shelter. She got adopted two days later. When I went there they told me she was never there. In dec my relative told me where she was it was the same shelter. I go back and the person who picked her up was there. He told me she got adopted. A year later a lady has been helpin me. She found a few links of her. She got fostered not adopted from the shelter. Another site she got adopted to new mexico after a month. I called the collie rescue they don't believe me that's my dog. Thy said they got her from New Mexico then changed shes in New Mexico. The shelters keep on lying.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . You will have a hard time retrieving your dog. You will also likely find legal help only if you are willing to pay a couple hundred bucks an hour to an attorney.

This is a losing battle. I am sorry to tell you that.

2. Don Karotkin

1

Answered . First, your relative should be ashamed.

Getting a lawyer involved in this figures to be financially unreasonably burdensome unless you are wealthy. I suggest that you gather up whatever evidence you have that this dog is yours, photographs, documents, or anything else, identify the person who has possession of the dog and prove to that person the dog is yours. Hopefully, the person will be both convinced of your veracity and sympathetic and will, therefore, voluntarily return the dog to you.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . Its all too weird. Its time to move on.

4. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Does she have a chip to identify her? If so call the police in area or vets where she might be living. For some of us our pets are our children and it can be devastating to lose them.

Pro

1

Answered . Have a local lawyer investigate