I need a lawyer to help me get my child back

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

I have a mild form of mental illness -- PTSD. My daughter has lived happily with me for 12 years. No my soon has come in, removed her from my custody, and is filing TPR next week. I'm so lost I don't know where to begin. I don't have alot of money, but my son sure does. I am terrified to lose here, she is also feeling the same.

1. Juna Madray Pulayya

2

Answered . You need to see an attorney ASAP so he or she can give you a complete legal analysis of your situation. Just based on the limited facts it seems you need to act fast.

JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya
    www.jmplawyer.com
    junior@jmplawyer.com

2. Kristopher Robert Reilly

1

Answered . I highly advise you to retain an attorney immediately. I understand that you are upset, but try to think as calmly and clearly as you can. Even if your operating on a limited budget, there are some firms that offer payment plans, and limited appearance type services. If you need help in Orlando, do not hesitate to contact our firm, we will gladly provide a recommendation.Best of Luck.

3. Alejandro Rafael Lopez

1

Answered . Parents have a fundamental right to parenting their children. This goes above everyone else, even the State, UNLESS a third party or the state can show the child is in imminent danger as a result of your behavior and/or disease (in your case, the post traumatic stress disorder). Unless there is a Court order forbidding you of having your daughter right now, you have 100% right to have your daughter with you and can go and get her with a police officer.

Seek a consultation in person with a lawyer of your choice to determine what legal steps you need to take, when, how, and to obtain an estimate of how much it will be. Take with you your medical records for review, as well as the child's school records, etc., for review.

Alejandro R. Lopez, Esq.
    Law Office of Alejandro R. Lopez, P.A.
    4465 Edgewater Dr.,
    Suite A
    Orlando, Fla. 32804
    (407) 649-1404
    E-mail: ALopez2827@gmail.com