I need a lawyer that has experience in building code violation in chicago

Asked over 4 years ago - Chicago, IL

i received a notice of violation and summons for conservation. do i need a lawyer or i can represent my self. I do it by my self and can't comply with all of the request, if i can fix only a few thing in the house is there a posibility to be charge and pay fines. I am a single mother, unemployed and working with the bank for a loan modification for almost a year not sure if i'm going to qualify for the loan modification or maybe I'll lose my house. Can the judge on my hearing date extend some extra time to comply with the violations? can i go to jail if i don't?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Safety, not affordability, is the standard the judge will apply.

    Going to court alone is not recommended for such a matter. Lots of adverse consquences can arise for you.

    Jail time is not a likely outcome, but fines that are high could be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,329 answers this week

2,826 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,329 answers this week

2,826 attorneys answering