I need a lawyer that can help me file a law suit against a hospitals malpractice

Asked over 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

Almost about a year ago my premature baby died in the hospital and about 12 employees that worked at the hospital did cpr on my baby and died and I heard that it is eligal to have that many people do that. My baby had wounds from the cpr. And I want to file a lawsuit. How can i go about hiring the right attorney. I have to get one soon before december 29th of 2011.

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

2

2

Answered . I am terribly sorry for your loss. It sounds like a lot of people tried to save your baby, and for what it's worth, even adults sometimes suffer injuries during CPR, which doesn't necessarily mean the CPR was not done correctly. As the other attorneys have pointed out, you need to consult with a local medical malpractice attorney right away. An important part of the inquiry that the attorney will discuss with you will be related to what happened during your pregnancy and how your baby came to be in need of CPR. It will help for you to write down a summary of your prenatal care and dates of treatment so you can bring this with you to your consultation with the attorney--it will help you get the most out of your initial consultation. Good luck!

2. Constantine D. Buzunis

1

Answered . You need to get an attorney that specializes in medical malpractice cases ASAP! If you call the State Bar of California in SFO they have a lawyer referral department and they can recommend several lawyers for you.

You can also contact the local county Bar Association and they will also usually have a referral department as well.

In the interim, try calling this lawyer and if he cannot assist you, then he should be able to make a referral for you.

John J. Vlahos
    Address: 425 Market Street
    26th Floor
    San Francisco, California 94105
    Phone: 415-777-3200

Good Luck and so sorry for your loss.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

3. Raymond Scott Costantino

Pro

1

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your baby. You should have your case reviewed by an experienced medical malpractice attorney. In San Francisco I would recommend Michael Kelly at the Walkup Law Firm. Mr. Kelly Cain be reached at 888-799-3968. Good luck to you.