I need a lawyer in CT {New Haven County}. to help with case involving CT DCF. There are numerous aspects to this case.

Asked over 1 year ago - East Haven, CT

DCF originally contacted me after my son's father's attempt to get back at me for filing for modification of child support. His original accusation was substance abuse-which I promptly negated the very next day with a drug test that was negative. They then changed the charge to neglect as my husband had recently died at 33, quite unexpectedly, and because I live directly next door to my inlaws they asked if kids could stay there more often to help with their grief. I, of course, obliged as I have children of my own and couldn't imagine their pain. DCF then stated I neglected my children as they slept next door. They did not mention in affidavit to court anything to my benefit when they went to court for an ex-parte OTC 26 days into the investigation,after I stated I had an attorney!

1. Thomas E. McCabe

Answered . DCF Petitions can be tricky. I would be happy to take some time to discuss your options with you if you would like. Feel free to contact me at attymccabe@gmail.com Regards, Thomas McCabe

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . You have an attorney now or you had an attorney and need a new one?
    Call your state bar and request a referral or use the 'find-a-lawyer' option on avvo.

Avvo's Q & A makes a poor classified ad site.