I need a lawyer in CT {New Haven County}. to help with case involving CT DCF. There are numerous aspects to this case.

East Haven, CT |

DCF originally contacted me after my son's father's attempt to get back at me for filing for modification of child support. His original accusation was substance abuse-which I promptly negated the very next day with a drug test that was negative. They then changed the charge to neglect as my husband had recently died at 33, quite unexpectedly, and because I live directly next door to my inlaws they asked if kids could stay there more often to help with their grief. I, of course, obliged as I have children of my own and couldn't imagine their pain. DCF then stated I neglected my children as they slept next door. They did not mention in affidavit to court anything to my benefit when they went to court for an ex-parte OTC 26 days into the investigation,after I stated I had an attorney!

1. You have an attorney now or you had an attorney and need a new one?
    Call your state bar and request a referral or use the 'find-a-lawyer' option on avvo.

Avvo's Q & A makes a poor classified ad site.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. DCF Petitions can be tricky. I would be happy to take some time to discuss your options with you if you would like. Feel free to contact me at attymccabe@gmail.com Regards, Thomas McCabe

Civil rights topics