I need a lawyer in CT {New Haven County}. to help with case involving CT DCF. There are numerous aspects to this case.

Asked almost 2 years ago - East Haven, CT

DCF originally contacted me after my son's father's attempt to get back at me for filing for modification of child support. His original accusation was substance abuse-which I promptly negated the very next day with a drug test that was negative. They then changed the charge to neglect as my husband had recently died at 33, quite unexpectedly, and because I live directly next door to my inlaws they asked if kids could stay there more often to help with their grief. I, of course, obliged as I have children of my own and couldn't imagine their pain. DCF then stated I neglected my children as they slept next door. They did not mention in affidavit to court anything to my benefit when they went to court for an ex-parte OTC 26 days into the investigation,after I stated I had an attorney!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Thomas E. McCabe

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . DCF Petitions can be tricky. I would be happy to take some time to discuss your options with you if you would like. Feel free to contact me at attymccabe@gmail.com Regards, Thomas McCabe

  2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You have an attorney now or you had an attorney and need a new one?
    Call your state bar and request a referral or use the 'find-a-lawyer' option on avvo.

    Avvo's Q & A makes a poor classified ad site.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and... more

Related Topics

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Family court and child custody cases

Family court can be the last resort for child custody disagreements when negotiation, mediation, or collaborative law fail to resolve custody disputes.

Samuel Jackson Siemon

Filing for Divorce, What to Expect

Filing for divorce can be a difficult and emotional decision but once you have decided that it must be done, what should you expect? What are the first steps? How long does it take? How... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,217 answers this week

2,890 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,217 answers this week

2,890 attorneys answering