I NEED A LAWYER IMMEDIATLY TO HELP ME STOP THE TRUSTEE OF MY ESTATE FROM SALING MY HOME I AM HOMELESSS

San Dimas, CA |

I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF LAWYER I NEED BUT I NEED TO STOP THE TRUSTTE OF MY ESTATE FROM FINISHING THE SALE OF MY HOME IF IT ISNT ALREADY DONE .. THE TRUSTEE DID NOT ACT IN MY BEST INTERSEST AND BREECHED THE TRUST IN MANY WAYS AND I NEED TO CHALLANGE HIM AT THIS POINT I DONT KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO DO CAN SOMEONE REFER ME OR HELP ME DO THIS I NEED HELP IMMEDIATLY

Yes, contact an estate planning attorney a.s.a.p. The attorney can assess your rights based on your facts and find out what the status of the sale of your home is. Most likely, there is an escrow company that is handling the transaction for the buyer and seller and it would be important to notify them immediately that you don't agree with selling the house. If they know there is a potential dispute, they may require a court order allowing the closing before they proceed as they could potentially face liability if they close knowing that there was a dispute about the trustee's authority to sell. It's really important that you speak to an attorney right away as the attorney can determine what your legal position is as it relates to the trust. I don't know your age, but if you are 60 years or older, you may also be protected by elder abuse laws.

This is a public forum and communications are neither private, confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. My answers to your questions posted in this forum do not make me your attorney or create an attorney-client relationship. The response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. There is no law without facts.

2. You may need a trust and estate lawyer to file an injunction. But this is not a cheap process because of the time frames involved.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

3. I agree that you need to talk with an attorney who works in estate planning or probate. But you need to act immediately in order to stop the sale. You can find an attorney in your area by hitting the "Find a Lawyer" tab at the top of the page. You can find one that could give you a free initial consultation to review your rights.

4. Use the find a lawyer tab on Avvo and contact an attorney immediately. You say it may already be too late, so I assume you have had notice of this sale for some time. Don't delay and have a copy of the trust ready. The only way to stop this is by acting fast and having a provision in the trust that allows you to.