I need a lawyer for traffic court in NYC.

Asked 5 months ago - New York, NY

I made a left turn during the wrong hrs and got a ticket for disobeying a traffic sign. It was pitch black and pouring rain, and I didn't see the sign. I want to pay a fine and avoid points. I need an answer and offer asap.

1. Byron A. Divins Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . NYC bar association may be able to refer you to a list of attorneys that could help

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . There is no plea bargaining in NYC Traffic Court so it's either plead guilty or go to trial. Use the Find A Lawyer tab on Avvo to look for a Traffic Court lawyer.

3. George Peter Conway

2

Answered . I would suggest that you do a Google search with search terms such as " new york traffic violation bureau attorney" . This answer assumes you received the ticket in NYC and it is returnable in front of the TVB.

4. Terri Beth Kalker

Pro

1

Answered . This is specifically what I do. You cannot pay a fine and not get the points. You must plead not guilty and fight it. If successful, no points, no fine. If unsuccessful, points and fine. An attorney can increase your chances of being in the former category of being successful

5. John Anthony Manuel Boneta

2

Answered . Contact a local attorney of a free consultation or call the clerks office on how to take care of fine.

6. Yefim Rubinov

Answered . There is no plea bargaining in NYC , so you will have a hearing and there the ALJ will decide whether you are guilty or not. Fortunate for you I think you have a beatable ticket. Consult a lawyer