I need a lawyer for traffic court in NYC.

New York, NY |

I made a left turn during the wrong hrs and got a ticket for disobeying a traffic sign. It was pitch black and pouring rain, and I didn't see the sign. I want to pay a fine and avoid points. I need an answer and offer asap.

1. NYC bar association may be able to refer you to a list of attorneys that could help

2. Contact a local attorney of a free consultation or call the clerks office on how to take care of fine.

3. There is no plea bargaining in NYC Traffic Court so it's either plead guilty or go to trial. Use the Find A Lawyer tab on Avvo to look for a Traffic Court lawyer.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. I would suggest that you do a Google search with search terms such as " new york traffic violation bureau attorney" . This answer assumes you received the ticket in NYC and it is returnable in front of the TVB.

The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement

5. This is specifically what I do. You cannot pay a fine and not get the points. You must plead not guilty and fight it. If successful, no points, no fine. If unsuccessful, points and fine. An attorney can increase your chances of being in the former category of being successful

6. There is no plea bargaining in NYC , so you will have a hearing and there the ALJ will decide whether you are guilty or not. Fortunate for you I think you have a beatable ticket. Consult a lawyer

Traffic tickets topics