I need a lawyer for an uncontested divorce with reasonable fees

Asked over 1 year ago - Nicholson, GA

My wife has agreed to sign divorce papers, she wants this over and done with, we agree on custody/visitation/child support (already pay through child support services). No property/debts together, etc. just a straight forward, simple, uncontested divorce filed in Jackson County, GA. I have 2 kids with her. There will be no arguing on the case, just sign and file. I cannot afford a chunk of money to pay for this but have been told I'd be a fool to file it ourselves.

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

4

Answered . Ask family and friends if they know anyone who can refer you to a reasonably priced attorney. You can look in the newspaper or Internet for someone who can help you.

2. Emily Su-Hwa Yu

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You could also look online for some forms (you are not in Fulton County but the Fulton County website has a lot of their forms online), conplete them the best you can, and pay a lawyer or more minimal fee just to review what you have prepared.

3. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

1

Answered . Usually your county will have a local bar association with attorney referrals, excellent place to begin a search. The attorneys are well screened in most jurisdictions.

One or more answers have been taken down.