Skip to main content

I need a lawyer/doctor to review medical records as my daughter died in a county hospital in Los Angeles, CA and time is running

Los Angeles, CA |

I believe my daughter was not properly treated and she died at the age of 23. Is there anyone who can help me to get the medical records reviewed to see if there is medical malpractice/wrongful death. A claim was filed and I do not have much time left. Please help me. I am disabled and alone, I live in PA and my daughter died in CA.

She died from cerebral vasculitis after being in the hospital for the last 3 weeks of her life. I have the majority of medical records but need a professional to read them as I have limited information about her condition.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Use's "lawyer locator" service to find a medical malpractice attorney in Los Angeles. There should be a ton of them.

  2. What do you mean that she was not properly treated?


    This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

  4. There are medical/expert services available that you can pay to review the records to determine if there was negligence. Most medical malpractice attorneys know about these services. Good luck to you and your family.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

  5. You are correct, time is running out. Sounds like you may have a possible government claim against a county hospital. By and large, when you have a government claim, you only have 6 months to file an appropriate government claim against the correct governmental entity. If there is no government claim, then you have a year to file a lawsuit against any private facility. You need to get the medicals records and have them reviewed by an attorney and a medical expert as soon as possible. Contact an attorney right away. We handle such cases as do many of the attorneys here on AVVO. You should call someone as soon as you can to discuss.

    Marc Lazarus
    Tel: (949)309-0990

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics