I need a lawyer/doctor to review medical records as my daughter died in a county hospital in Los Angeles, CA and time is running

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I believe my daughter was not properly treated and she died at the age of 23. Is there anyone who can help me to get the medical records reviewed to see if there is medical malpractice/wrongful death. A claim was filed and I do not have much time left. Please help me. I am disabled and alone, I live in PA and my daughter died in CA.

She died from cerebral vasculitis after being in the hospital for the last 3 weeks of her life. I have the majority of medical records but need a professional to read them as I have limited information about her condition.

1. Marc Edward Stewart

6

1

Answered . Use avvo.com's "lawyer locator" service to find a medical malpractice attorney in Los Angeles. There should be a ton of them.

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

3

Answered . There are medical/expert services available that you can pay to review the records to determine if there was negligence. Most medical malpractice attorneys know about these services. Good luck to you and your family.

3. Marc Lazarus

2

1

Answered . You are correct, time is running out. Sounds like you may have a possible government claim against a county hospital. By and large, when you have a government claim, you only have 6 months to file an appropriate government claim against the correct governmental entity. If there is no government claim, then you have a year to file a lawsuit against any private facility. You need to get the medicals records and have them reviewed by an attorney and a medical expert as soon as possible. Contact an attorney right away. We handle such cases as do many of the attorneys here on AVVO. You should call someone as soon as you can to discuss.

Marc Lazarus
    www.russellandlazarus.com
    Tel: (949)309-0990

Pro

4

Answered . What do you mean that she was not properly treated?

5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

2

Answered . THERE ARE SEVERAL MAL MED ATTORNEYS ON AVVO. THE EASIEST THING IS CALL ATTORNEY FERNANDEZ OR ATTORNEY PAUL MOLINARO WHO IS ALSO A LICENSED M.D. BEST OF LUCK.

One or more answers have been taken down.