Skip to main content

I need a large law firm for litigation against a municipality in Bergen County, N.J.

Bergenfield, NJ |

This is a complicated case, it started out criminal but is now a civil issue.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    What is important is what your issues might be. If you are litigating against a municipality, you need to find a firm that specializes in the type of litigation you may think you need to engage in, then seek a consultation from an attorney in that firm that might be able to help you. Law firm size is a relative term. Most attorneys network with other attorneys, depending on the circumstances, to serve clients. In your particular situation, the best place to start is AVVO to try and find an attorney that can help you. If you are unsuccessful, you can try the NJ bar association website or try the internet in general for attorneys that do the kind of work you may need.

    Best of Luck!

    William J. Lasko is an experienced New York, Connecticut and Washington, D. C., licensed attorney who focuses his practice primarily on employment law, personal injury and estate matters. Mr. Lasko, has been in practice for more than 23 years, represents clients throughout New York, Connecticut and Washington, D. C.. More information is available at This response is for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney client relationship.

  2. Avvo fund a lawyer, state bar are best bets. You contact them directly.

    Sounds like you we're charged criminally now you want to sue the courts, prosecutors, accuser etc? Common scenario. If course you already know about immunity etc. and want to proceed anyway. In your search, look for a lawyer or firm who successfully overcame immunity issues in the past.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

  3. Hiring a large law firm does not necessarily mean you are getting the best lawyer. Without knowing more about your situation, you will not find a lawyer with this post. If you want to sue the city for a violation of your civil rights, hire a civil rights attorney.

  4. Just because you are suing a municipality doesn't mean you need a big fancy law firm to sue them. You'd probably be much better off using a boutique law firm that specalizes in municipal law, or litigation, or whatever the specific nature of the suit. But if you want to pay the big bill to hire a big law firm, by all means.

Police misconduct topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics