Skip to main content

I need a job in Florida and Im a Canadian Citizen how do i get it?

Orlando, FL |

I currently work in Canada but I want to move to and work in Florida

Attorney Answers 7

  1. You will need to find an employer willing to sponsor you in Florida. Consult an attorney to determine all options available to you.

  2. By returning to Canada and looking for a job there. Being a Canadian citizen does not authorize you to work in Florida.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. You will need an employer and be able to qualify for a temporary work status in the US.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. Find an employer

    John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

  5. What options available to you will depend upon a number of different factors including your education and work histories. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for more information. Click on the link below for information which may be helpful in helping you understand and narrowing down some of those options.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

  6. Review your qualifications with an immigration attorney to determine if you may have the qualifications for an employment based visa and find an employer that has a position for you abased on your qualifications.


    Robert Brown LLC
    Baldwin Park Center
    4767 New Broad Street
    Orlando, Florida 32814

  7. Check if TN available

    Sent from my iPad

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics