I need a good lawyer to tell me if i can get no jail time

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

im getting charged with commercial burglarytwice and i have no criminal background

1. Daniel William Cohen

5

Answered . What you need is a good lawyer period. You do not want a lawyer who will just tell you what you want to hear. Whether or not you avoid jail depends on a number of factors, the strength of the case, the amount involved, the circumstances, the judge etc... A good lawyer can help guide you, but can't make any meaningful promises at the outset.

2. Richard Franklin Taub

Pro

4

Answered . The answer is that you may be facing jail for two (2) counts or cases of burglary. I strongly recommend that you discuss the details of this case with counsel and hire him or her immediately. If you wish to contact our law firm, feel free to do so via our website at www.taubcriminaldefense.com. We will be happy to provide you with a free iniital phone consultation.

3. William Emil Cassara

Pro

5

Answered . I am going to restate what the other two gentlemen so aptly stated. Hire good local counsel NOW. As someone else once stated, you wouldn't play tackle football without pads. Don't do this without competent representation. Best of luck.

4. Joseph Salvatore Farina

3

Answered . Unless the attorney has a crystal ball, there is no way to know for sure if you'll get jail time. Now of course the DA and your public defender will negotiate the case and if it possible, especially with no criminal background, chances are good that you'll probably get for some type of alternative sentencing since most county jails are full. A lot of it will depend on the facts and circumstances of each case, including whether anything was taken and any possible restitution issues.

5. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . You are on the border, so is the matter at the Santa Ana Courthouse or the Newport Beach Courthouse. From my experience in representing clients in both courthouses is that the venue will matter. I suggest contacting an attorney who has experience in Orange County. My reputable attorneys provide a free consultation. I suggest contacting one soon while the facts are still fresh in your mind.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    (800) 409-7010

6. Daniel C Grupenhagen

2

Answered . I'm in Orange county, not far away. Give me a call to discuss the case. I'm sure I.can help you avoid consequences.