I need a good lawyer to tell me if i can get no jail time

Santa Ana, CA |

im getting charged with commercial burglarytwice and i have no criminal background

The answer is that you may be facing jail for two (2) counts or cases of burglary. I strongly recommend that you discuss the details of this case with counsel and hire him or her immediately. If you wish to contact our law firm, feel free to do so via our website at www.taubcriminaldefense.com. We will be happy to provide you with a free iniital phone consultation.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

What you need is a good lawyer period. You do not want a lawyer who will just tell you what you want to hear. Whether or not you avoid jail depends on a number of factors, the strength of the case, the amount involved, the circumstances, the judge etc... A good lawyer can help guide you, but can't make any meaningful promises at the outset.

I am going to restate what the other two gentlemen so aptly stated. Hire good local counsel NOW. As someone else once stated, you wouldn't play tackle football without pads. Don't do this without competent representation. Best of luck.

Unless the attorney has a crystal ball, there is no way to know for sure if you'll get jail time. Now of course the DA and your public defender will negotiate the case and if it possible, especially with no criminal background, chances are good that you'll probably get for some type of alternative sentencing since most county jails are full. A lot of it will depend on the facts and circumstances of each case, including whether anything was taken and any possible restitution issues.

The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.

You are on the border, so is the matter at the Santa Ana Courthouse or the Newport Beach Courthouse. From my experience in representing clients in both courthouses is that the venue will matter. I suggest contacting an attorney who has experience in Orange County. My reputable attorneys provide a free consultation. I suggest contacting one soon while the facts are still fresh in your mind.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

I'm in Orange county, not far away. Give me a call to discuss the case. I'm sure I.can help you avoid consequences.

Contributions on AVVO.com in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.