I need a good attorney lawsuit is against nassau county and police department .i was ordered removed from u-s while the statute

Elmont, NY |

To whom it may concern .

This crime scene took place in Nassau county Elmont New York on Date-02-11-1996 I was 17 years old back then when i was siting in my friend's car and we pulled in to a parking lot and parked in a space and there was a car right next to our car where there were 1 couple was siting in that car and soon as i opened my side of the door which was front passenger side it slightly touched the fender of there car and then i seen the guy staring at me so i waved my hand at him saying sorry since the window of his door was closed i don't know if he heard that so i turned to close my door and then soon as I turned around this guy was pointing his middle finger at me and then again this time i went loud saying i am sorry okay and this guy all of the sudden pulled his car o

1. If this happened in 1996 hasn't the 3 year statute of limitations to file civil rights lawsuit expired?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Aside from the fact that this happened over 17 years ago and thus the statute of limitations has expired, you don't tell us what he NCPD did. Were you a citizen of the US at the time? You seem to be saying you were expelled from the country. On what grounds were you expelled? You seem to be here, now. How did you get back into the country?

I am a co-author of WEITZ ON AUTOMOBILE LITIGATION: THE NO FAULT HANDBOOK. The opinions expressed in this answer are not intended to be taken as legal advice. These opinions are based on New York practice. I may be contacted at 212-553-9300.

3. Unfortunately, the statute of limitations has likely expired.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.