I NEED a free or low cost attorney to get my children back from their frather is there any lawyers out there that can help me in

Asked over 3 years ago - Madras, OR

ipaid $5000.00 for custody of my children in 2006 and fell on hard times in january and asked their dad to help me out and take them till the end of the school year so they would have a stable home and be in school. i wrote off a $15000.00 back child support bill just so he would do so. he has never paid child support and never gave a damn about the kids. but one of our boys is special needs so he gets a $700.00 check each month so now that that has switched to him he wants to keep the kids.i've never been away fromk my boys im desperate for help. and i also have a 5 year old son that is going thru hell because he misses hi brothers that hes been raised with. my boys have always been with me and my family. please help

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Orion Jacob Nessly

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Domestic relations cases generally do not qualify for pro bono representation. However, there are a few low-cost alternatives:

    You could contact the Oregon State Bar's Modest Means Program and ask to have an attorney from your area referred to you. The website is http://www.osbar.org/public/ris/ris.html. The phone number is 503-684-3763 or toll-free in Oregon at 800-452-7636.

    Also, you might want to contact the Legal Aid Office in Jefferson County and ask whether they take domestic relations cases. They can be reached by phone at (541) 385-6944 or 1-800-678-6944 and information can be found online at http://www.osbar.org/public/ris/LowCostLegalHel....

    My responses to posts on AVVO are not legal advice, nor do they create an attorney-client relationship. In order... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,862 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,862 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering