I need a divorce attorney that can help me ASAP because I need some serious questions answered, tonight!

Rossville, GA |

Notice to Produce and PLANTIFFS FIRST SET OF INTERROGATORIES TO DEFENDANT, CARLA A,. NEWBY, THATS ME. THERE ARE QUESTIONS IN HERE THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND AND THERE ARE REQUESTS THAT NEED ANSWERED BY ME BY THE TIME WE GO TO COURT AND I WAS SERVED TODAY COURTHOUSES IN CLOSED MONDAY AND 9AM MONDAY WERE IN COURT WITH THESE PAPERS I HAVE TO ANSWER AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE AS HOW TO ANSWER THEM, IM TOTALLY CONFUSED, TOTALLY INSUFFICIENT WHEN IT COMES TO THE LAW AND THE WAY THINGS ARE WRITTEN OUT. I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!

1. Likely the interrogatories are the smallest of the problems you face in a divorce, although they matter. Things like what to do at trial, mediation, drafting your own discovery to the other side, your answer and counterclaim, etc., are very significant questions that should have been in your post. You don't mention if there are children or property issues or debt issues, but the more that is at stake, the more dangerous it is for you to act without legal counsel.

The good news - there are lots of lawyers near you and many are open Monday even though the courts are closed. Use the holiday to meet with and retain a lawyer. It's essential.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

2. Don’t panic. You will be fine. But you really need to find a family law attorney in your area. Assuming that the answers are not overdue, you should contact his attorney and request an extension to respond. Most attorneys will give 10 to 15 more days to respond. You should take those days to get an attorney.