I need a criminal defense Lawyer asap

Lodi, CA |

Me and my fiance' were arrested and he is still in custody. He is falsely being held for 2nd degree armed robbery at a liquor store. If you could please leave contact information if you agree to assist us in this matter. I would highly appreciate it.

1. Avvo is a site to ask questions, not for lawyers to leave contact information.

You can use the search function to look for lawyers in your area.

Harry Hudson of Stockton is a very dedicated, experienced criminal defense attorney in Stockton. Because he is modest and doesn't pad his Avvo profile like some lawyers do, his rating does not accurately reflect his experience and ability.

Keep in mind that hiring a lawyer in a serious felony case can be a very expensive proposition. If you can't afford to hire an attorney, the judge will appoint one to represent your boyfriend.

2. To complicate matters, if the both of you are charged for the alleged crime you each will need to have your own attorney. This is because there is an inherent conflict of interest in having one attorney represent you both. In some circumstances, the parties can agree to have one attorney, but this is not favored and many attorneys and judges will not allow it.

Yes, Avvo is a great place to find a lawyer to represent you. Since the crimes you describe would appear to be serious or violent felonies, you need a qualified criminal defense attorney who can handle these types of serious cases. The consequences can last a lifetime, so it is worth retaining the best you can get.....

3. You can also request the services of the county public defender at your arraignment. Good Luck.

Judith M. Fouladi, Esq.
    Orange County
    (714) 384-6500