I NEED A CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY?

Dimmitt, TX |

I NEED ADVICE OR SOMEONE THAT WILL BE WILLING TO LOOK OVER THE POLICE REPORT I HAVE AND JUST TO HELP LEAD ME ON THE PATH I SHOULD'VE BEEN ON.ITS GOING ON 4 MONTHS WITH THIS AND AM STILL LOST BUT MOST OF ALL MY BOYFRIEND IS STILLING IN JAIL FOR SOMETHING HE DIDN'T DO! PLEASE I NEED HELP AND MAINLY SOMEONE WE CAN HONESTLY TRUST CAUSE IT IS HIS FREEDOM ON THE LINE.SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.....HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON.....

1. Why don't you schedule a consultation with a local criminal defense attorney? Many will provide a free initial consultation. It will require that you go to his/her office and isn't as easy as posting a question on an internet site, but that is the only way you are going to get a through review of the police report. Good Luck

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

2. If he's in jail he has a court appointed attorney. You can call the court to find out who that person is and discuss the case with them directly. Another option is to set up a free consultation with an attorney in your area. Local counsel will be in the best position to give you an idea of how the case will be viewed by the DA and judge involved.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. You should seek council for your boyfriend. I am sure a bond has been set for him. If he has yet to be indicted then he may be entitled to a personal recognizance bond if he does not have the funds for the current bond amount. He will be in a better position to defend himself from outside of the jail than inside.