I need a contract to be reviewed. What kind of lawyer would I need to go to?

Asked 9 months ago - Edmond, OK

I need a contract to be reviewed that I signed and want to know if there are any loopholes so what lawyer would be best for me ? (Business, contract, employment, or litigation?)

1. Kevin H. Pate

5

Answered . In your additional comments you indicates your concern on non-compete provisions and non-disclosure provisions in a contract.

With limited exception, Oklahoma courts won't enforce non-compete clauses, provided your not trying to compete improperly. Examples of this would be taking proprietary information from your employment or directly soliciting their customers using the information you lifted from your prior employment.

Non-disclosure language is a different creature, and can be enforced in many instances.

Before placing yourself at risk, definitely sit down with counsel for a review of language and your goals, lest your loop hole end up resembling an expensive noose.

2. Jason Sansone

4

Answered . Just depends on the contract's subject matter. A lawyer you specializes in the area for which your contract related is your best bet. Can you provide some more information about the contract?

3. Robert J Adams Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . Look for a lawyer in that area of businsess

4. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

3

Answered . You should see an intellectual property law attorney or employment law attorney in your state. Either one should have the skill set to help you. You can find one using the Find A Lawyer tab near the top of the page.

5. Albert Lee Crosner

3

Answered . You would be safe to use either a Contracts/Agreements Attorney or an Intellectual Property Attorney to review your contract and let you know what you need to do. Best of luck.