I need a calif atty for a case on contingency against a plastic surgeon whose surgery was flawed

I had 2 surgeries, the second made the first worse. I am within six month statute but having a hard time finding an atty. I have pic, etc and am uneven, loss of expression, etc.

1. Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool, and go down the list. Best bet is to offer to pay an up-front retainer, so the lawyer isn't out of pocket investigating the case if it is a non-starter.

2. It appears that your claim is based on imperfection in the surgery. You may have an uphill task in these type of cases. The question is (A)if the doctor did not meet your expectation or (B) if the doctor breached some standard of acre resulting in damage to you. If the former is the case more likely than not you do not have a case. However, consult a lawyer to discuss this .

3. I would need to have more information and possibly review your records in order to best evaluate your potential claim.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

4. Unfortunately, elective plastic surgery cases are very difficult and unattractive to medical malpractice attorneys, unless the results are really hideous and deforming. Otherwise, a bad result is usually a risk of the procedure, which the surgeon should have warned you about. Although in reality, in these situations, the surgeon often, encourages the procedure and does not emphasize, or give true weight to the chances of a bad result this is also difficult to prove, because they say they provided all the risks and benefits. They are also usually likable witnesses which is what makes them able to convince you the procedure is virtually risk free in the first place.

5. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and botched plastic surgery cases are about as hard to predict as what true beauty is... many medical malpractice attorneys (this one included) will not get involved with such matters. That said, let me cut to the point of my post... there are some medical malpractice attorneys who will nip at the potential plastic surgery case. They will take in the medical records and see if there is something that can be stretched to fit into a viable case. These attorneys probably have tough skins to handle such rough cases, but such attorneys are out there... one just needs to look diligently.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    4160 Temescal Canyon Road, Suite 306
    Corona, CA 92833
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.