I need a attorney to take up my auto accident case. I cannot find a attorney, Need to negotiate a settlement with insurance

Asked over 1 year ago - Manassas, VA

The other party was ticketed for causing the accident. The air bags deflated and I could not see immediately and for some reason the car was backing and I had no control. I backed up to the apartment complex about 1000 feet away and hit 2 more cars that was parked. My face was bleeding and my eyes were scratched up pretty badly. I was taken to the hospital. The insurance company contacted and they seemed very friendly. My son was in the back seat. The insurance company paid for pain and suffering for my son and damage to the car. I had My treatment for almost 1 year. The insurance company wanted to pay just $4000. Nothing for pain and suffering. I contacted an attornay and now after 6 months , the attorney does no want to forward with th case. I need help. I am being honest and need hel

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . Sorry, but proving a legally viable case is very difficult. I assume your son had a different attorney than you. Perhaps that attorney can make a recommendation. Your son's guardian for that case can contact the attorney. Good luck.

2. Evan Matthew Oshan

Pro

4

Answered . When did your accident happen? I believe the statute of limitations for personal injury actions in VA is 2 years which mean the time period in which you can bring a lawsuit from the date of accident. If this were my case I would immediately send the insurance company a detailed demand for compensation relative to your injuries with a time deadline to respond. If they did not respond within the time deadline I would file suit. I am licensed in NY and WA however I sometimes take cases on a visitor status or pro hoc vice. I would be happy to speak with you about your case and put you on the right track free of charge. I also regularly work with attorneys who are not located in my state for situations like yours. If you email me your phone number I will call you today. My email is oshanlegal@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Evan Oshan

3. Sean Michael Patrick

4

Answered . You can search on Avvo for personal injury attorneys who will be willing to give you a free consultation. I would not delay as you generally have a limited time to file your case. Best of luck.

Pro

4

Answered . You can find plenty of good attorneys by using Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Mark John Caruso

Pro

3

Answered . Not having all the facts about the case, the best I can recommend is to TRUST your attorney. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, then you should consult with another attorney who will have time to sit down with you and discuss you case in detail. I recommend that you search for an attorney in your hometown using AVVO.

6. Joyce J. Sweinberg

Pro

3

Answered . Talk to a few attorneys in your area to see what they think about the facts. Most pi attorneys will provide a free consultation, which I do as well. Then you will be in a position to understand your case better and decide how to proceed.

7. Charles William Franklin

Pro

3

Answered . When you say your attorney doesn't want to go forward, I presume you mean a reluctance to file a lawsuit. If you have an attorney working on a contingency fee arrangement, in most states there are rules that if you fire one lawyer and hire another, there is no overall increase in fees to you. I would (1) request an immediate face to face meeting with your current attorney to go over your concerns, and (2) if that fails, you can fire one attorney and hire another.

8. Mohamed E Seifeldein

Pro

Answered . Hi,

It sounds like you are looking for an attorney to litigate since you are not happy with the offered price. An attorney will have to examine your case to decide if the offered settlement is fair. I assume your attorney think that it is. Ask your attorney to explain why he thinks its fair. I can offer you second opinion.