I moved to Long Island and would like shared transportation for pickup/drop off.

Asked about 3 years ago - Baldwin, NY

I moved 54 miles away to Long Island, NY. MY daughter lives in North Plainfield, NJ. I see her very often. Every other weekend and whatever other days I can get. I have asked her mother to share transportation. I pick up and she drops off. She refused. I asked for a 1/2 way point meet. She refused. I asked if I can have her for the summer. She said yes but I would have to drop her off and pick her up on her weekends. I am quickly running out of options and I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on attorney fees. What are my options. I pay over $1000.00 per month in support for one child. I am a good father. What can I do to resolve this?

1. Maurice N Ross

Pro

Answered . You either need to settle this or retain counsel to bring a court proceeding. Is there already a divorce settlement pursuant to which you child support and/or other expenses? What if anything does the divorce settlement agreement say about the costs of visitation?

More fundamentally, why shouldn't you pay the costs of visiting your daughter, and why should you expect your wife to pay? I am not sure I understand your reasoning--you chose to move and so why shouldn't you pay the travel costs?

In any event, if you cannot resolve this amicably, then your only option is to retain counsel. And the costs of doing so will probably far exceed your travel expenses. Is this really worth fighting about?