I moved from Las Vegas six months ago and still have not received my security deposit. Does the landlord owe me all of deposit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

According to state law if a landlord refuses to pay the deposit back within 30 days then he is liable for the entire amount of deposit. Does this mean he must pay me my entire security deposit back?

1. Thomas D. Boley

3

2

Answered . Yes. You are correct. Deductions to a deposit must be provided in writing within thirty days or you are entitled to the return of your whole deposit to your forwarding address. The only question would likely be where they sent the notice, and if the notice was sent at all. Landlords often break this rule, and many people do not call them on it.