I missed my probation appointment, what will happen to me?

Asked about 5 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

I am on low risk probation, and swore the date was tomorrow. I looked at the card to see the time, and it was today. I'm scared, what do I do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Anthony John Colleluori

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact your PO immediately. Leave a message and get there first thing tomorrow. Make sure you are clean and sober. Yeah they can arrest you and violate you, but given your risk level and the fact that you call immeddiatly (Yes like tonight. Leave a message) and you are there first thing in the morning it is unlikely they will violate you if you pass the drug/alcohol test. Be sure to let your lawyer know what happened too and what you are doing (going there now...) so that if there is a problem he can be in court for you in the afternoon.

    Next time look on line for one of those companies that will give you reminders of your next calendar appointments the day before the appointment.

    Good Luck

    NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

  2. Howard Woodley Bailey


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with my collegue, who has covered all the advice points I would give a client here in NJ who had missed their probation appointment. Make sure you follow up as suggested and you have the best chance of not drawing a VOP. Good luck.

    This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship; or, constitute either legal advice or attorney advertising. Rather, given the nature of this forum, it is offered solely for information purposes, as a starting point for you to use when speaking directly to a lawyer in your State. Do not assume that the legal conclusions I mention that pertain to NJ are applicable in your State. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical for you to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State before making any decisions about your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,372 answers this week

3,295 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,372 answers this week

3,295 attorneys answering