I missed my naturalization appointment is there a way out of it?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

Due to medical surgery I missed my naturalization interview. I also had requested to be re-scheduled for my interview as soon as I had been schedule. My request was sent certified with delivery confirmation along with supporting documents. Still I have received a notice to inform me that my case was administeratively closed due to failure to appear for my interview. Can I simply write back to the field office and enclosed my previous correspondences to request to be re-scheduled? Or to fix it, is that going to be necessary to attain a lawyer only to file a motion

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . Schedule an InfoPass appt and request a new appointment.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . The best option under these circumstances is to immediately schedule an INFOPASS appointment at the USCIS district office where your interview was originally scheduled. Of course, it is always better to be accompanied by a lawyer who can file a motion for reconsideration and win based on the facts and supporting documentation to be attached to the motion.

If you still persist on going alone, then make sure to immediately ask for a supervisor and refuse to speak to anyone else. Have all supporting documentation backing up your medical excuse, etc. and retain copies for yourself.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . If you rescheduling request was received prior to the scheduled examination, then CIS should grant it and reschedule your exam accordingly. If it has been more than two weeks since the scheduled time, then you should retain counsel to resolve the issue.

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should contact the local immigration office using the info pass appointment system. Bring evidence of your timely filed request for rescheduling with you.

Contact us at:
    216.861.4414
    www.brown-immigration.com